On September 16-17 the Swedish F18 Championship was held about 40 miles from Stockholm. The Nynäshamns Yacht Club hosted this years edition in various conditions where 15 teams fought hard during the day and enjoyed sauna, dinner and and good company in great atmospheres. Again Leff Dahl & Roger Boden won the Swedish F18 title for the second time in a row. These guys also recently won the first F18 Raid Worlds, so they seem to be in top shape all year. Lars Linder & Erik Brunnberg finished in second place overall, Fredrik Karlsson & Niklas Nordblom became third.
Swedish F18 Chair Lars Linder tells: “The first day of the regatta was in predominantly light conditions with a southerly breeze and some waves coming in from the sea. This made it extremely important to catch the surfs going downwind. After day one you could see it was all very tight where the top five teams were within 6 points from each other. On the second day the wind picked up to 15 knots and the sun was shining, giving sailors what they all hoped for. A perfect F18 day on a superb location for the championship!”
Best mixed team were Jakob Thun & Linda Holtsjö, best youth team (both under 18) were Max Rehman Linder & Niklas Forhaug. The results in the Championship is also the 2018 ranking for the Swedish Sailors.
Top 10 overall
- Leff Dahl/Roger Boden (13 points)
- Lars Linder/Erik Brunnberg (19 points)
- Fredrik Karlsson/Niklas Nordblom (20 points)
- Johan Bengtsson/Ola Degerford (29 points)
- Jakob Thun/Linda Holtsjö (36 points)
- Roman Pixell/Justus Wolf (37 points)
- Márten Wikner/Mortimer Lillienau (40 points)
- Magnus Larsson/Patrik Nilsson (58 points)
- Jakob Palmblad/Lars Sander (59 points)
- Max Rehman Linder/Niklas Forhaug (62 points)
Full results here | Official Swedish F18 website
Photos: Swedish F18 Facebook