Eurocat event marks season start for many F18 sailors. 31st edition will be sailed 28th April – 1st May in Carnac, Round Houat Long distance Race being scheduled on Saturday 29th April. Benefit a 20% reduced entry fee by registering prior 17th April at http://www.yccarnac.com/registration.html
Read more to learn about 2017 news…
Pictures by YCCarnac/Readyprod & Pascal Maheo
What’s new in 2017?
- Long distance round Houat island to be sailed on Saturday 29th April, subject to weather conditions. Clear information will be given in advance to skippers, and a map of Quiberon’s Bay will be posted on the screen under the big tent, indicating GPS location of the gates, for easier and better race preparation.
- New race format: courses will be built like coastal courses, the Race Committee using cardinal or channel marks, instead of laying buoys. This should save time for race preparation. Benefits: more time sailing, less waiting time between the races.
- Friendly dinner on Sunday 30th April after the Long distance prizes ceremony. Please register on the website. €20 for competitors and family or friends (drinks included).
- Entertainment: Stand up paddle and kayak for accompanying people on Saturday and Sunday in the afternoon.
- RRS 2017-2020 tuition: a briefing about New Racing Rules of Sailing will be organized every day, 15 minutes before the skippers meeting. Based on concrete cases, the Jury Chair will explain some of the rules. A good opportunity to exchange on the new rules in a friendly manner.