For the first time a CataCup has been held in the Netherlands. Flying Dutchman Rik Duinmeijer decided that it was time for a serious preperation for the Round Texel race in July. Thirteen cats showed up for a 2-day regatta on the fresh water lakes in the middle of Holland.
In perfect sailing conditions the sailors had a great time: warm, wind and sun… and no need to travel around the world at all. Again Gunnar & Lisa Larsen did a great job. In May they won the North Sea Regatta so it looks like they’re preparing for the round Texel Race in July.
Race day 1: Start at Enkhuizen -> Medemblik -> Vogeleiland -> Den Oever -> finish in Makkum
Race day 2: Start at Makkum -> Stavoren -> Trintelhaven -> finish in Enkhuizen
A review of the races can be watched here.
- Gunnar Larsen & Lisa Larsen-Westerhof
- Elke Delnooz & Jeroen van Leeuwen
- Jorden Veenman & Frank de Waard
- Hans Breur & Roel Everaars
- Ad Noordzij & Maarten Noordzij
- Rik Duinmeijer & Corstiaan Diederik Alessie
- Wik Becker & Rob Becker
- Arjan Baas & Tjalko Jansz
- Hans van Dam & Marius van Dam
- Maxime Hillen & Max van Pinxten (Martin Valk)
- Bas Paumen & Pieter Oskam
- Maarten van Klaveren & Marielle Zonneveld
- Claske Boschma & Tony Mels
Photocredit: Rik Duinmeijer (Facebook)