From Steve Stroebel, US F18 President
Registration is now open for a fantastic dual event – F18 Americas and US Sailing Multihull Championships to be sailed on South San Diego Bay from September 28 to Oct 2, 2020. It is open to all nationalities and especially hope to obtain entries from Canada, Chile and Argentina.
- We have a lot of great features for this championship event:Two events held as one – F18 Americas Championship and the US Sailing Multhihull Championships (USMHC) with participation in the USMHC optional but highly recommended.
- The US winner of the US Multihull Championship will have their name engraved on the famous Hobie Alter Cup.
- Sailed on beautiful South San Diego bay with typical winds 8 – 15 kts and relatively flat water.
- Silver Strand State Beach with a large camping park is a 5 minute walk from the sailing venue. You can rent a RV to be pre-positioned for you so that your housing can be right on one of the best beaches in California.
- The practice race on Monday, Sep 28 will be a long distance race doing a grand tour of San Diego Bay going under the Coronado Bridge, past aircraft carrier, San Diego Maritime Museum, downtown San Diego and other attractions.
- We are offering boat transportation subsidies to anyone traveling more than 1,000 miles to the regatta. See the NOR for details.
- Reduced entry fee for all youth teams where both helm and crew are 21 years old or less.
- Relaxed boat weigh-in requirement so if your boat was weighed at F18 Worlds in Sarasota or North Americans in Detroit it is optional for you to weigh the boat for this event.
- Special category prizes including:
- Classic F18 – any F18 built 2009 or earlier
- All Women’s team
- Top placing woman helm awarded the Sandra Tartaglino Perpetual Trophy
- Top mixed team
- Top Family team
- Top Young team (helm & crew under 30)
- Top Masters team
- Discounted rate available at the 4-star Lowes Resort that is within a short walk from the beach venue.
- We are expecting 35+ boats for this event.
There is a discounted early-bird registration fee that ends on March 31st, 2020 so register now and pay before March 31 to save $50.
For further information:
If you have any questions about this event please or there is anything I can do to help your attendance please contact me at email@example.com.