Registration for the 2016 Formula 18 Australian National Championships are open. For the very first time this will be held on Sydney Harbour! The event will be hosted by Sydney Flying Squadron based in Kirribilli from 21st – 26th January 2016.
The final day of racing, Australia Day, will be a separate event which the organization is planning on running in Farm Cove in front of the Opera House, much like the Extreme 40’s, although this is yet to be confirmed. These Championships are anticipated to be the largest event in the 2015/2016 F18 racing calendar and will attract competitors and spectators from all over Australian and several Internationally.
Below is the proposed schedule of events:
- Thursday 21st – Measurement and Weighing
- Friday 22nd – 3 back to back races
- Saturday 23rd – 3 back to back races
- Sunday 24th – 3 back to back races
- Monday 25th – 3 back to back races & presentation dinner at the Sydney Flying Squadron
Short Course Racing in Farm Cove
- Tuesday 26th – Approx 2pm – 4pm
Registration can be done here: https://regonline.activeglobal.com/f18nationals_2016
The Australian F18 Catamaran Association is also proud to announce their major supporter for the National Championships: Forward Sailing. Gavin Rietman is kindly provider products from his excellent range of on water safety equipment.
Photo credit: Dave Hewson