Great news for North hemisphere sailors who are seeking for a sunny sailing week during next winter season. Our Friends from Oman sail published the pre NOR for the 2014 MRW which will take place from the 9th to the 15th of March on the warm Omani cost. The NOR is in attached file with event website link which will be updated very soon (http://mussanahraceweek.com/en/).
In the Pre NOR Oman Sail is planning to provide HC16 charter boats for free and 3 containers free of charge for the F18 teams entering the event on the following basis :
“…The organizing authority will provide 3 free containers from Europe to Oman and return to Carnac for F18’s wishing to compete in the event. 2 containers will be available from north of Europe for teams from North of France, Belgium, Germany, GBR, Holland and one container from south of Europe for teams from Spain, south of France, Italy Switzerland, Greece. A small deposit (around 300€) refundable to all F18 teams entering the event requiring their F18 to be transported to Oman…”
· Entry to the regatta for all classes is free of charge,
· luxury apartments or hotel rooms are available right on the spot at discounted prize for the duration of the event,
· 2 days Clinic will be organized for F18 sailors prior to the event,
· social event and parties will be organized during the event,
· the containers will be available on the spot a week in advance for early arrivals.
As you can see all is plan to have an amazing sailing week, Please can you circulate the information to your sailors to attract as much as possible F18 teams,
Looking forward to your returns,
French F18 class.
Download: NOR 2014
Containers update : According to the returns Oman Sail will select the exact loading container locations, 2 in North of EU, 1 in South of EU. Loading is planed during January 2014, It will be great if for each container a volunteer may play the Point Of Contact (POC). The actual situation is :
· North Container 1 POC : ??????
· North Container 2 POC : ????
· South Container 3 POC : James Baeckler : email@example.com
Volunteers are welcome.